Jun 18, 2008

So, wow. It's been quite some time. Here's a little catch-up.

I moved back to Massachusetts in April. I left my waitressing job and my good friend Erin in Florida. At first I thought I'd left the sun as well, considering late April in the North was painfully cold this year. But sure enough, it came back.

I've been writing, mostly for Helium and Associated Content. I've been reading too. I've finished five books so far this year, so I'm keeping up with my New Year's Resolution. Some of my photography is being printed and sold as greeting cards through iZon Greetings. All of these things are exciting, but I am still a beginner.

I celebrated my 20th birthday on the 3rd. I don't feel 20, and I really don't look 20. Don't be surprised if I don't act my age.

Thanks to a very good friend of mine, tonight I had the privilege of attending a reading by Augusten Burroughs from his new memoir/audio book A Wolf at the Table. (I know what I'm reading this July!) I got a copy of the book, as well as a signature and a short conversation about how school and writing have nothing to do with one another. It was exciting. I tried visualizing myself talking about my book to an auditorium full of people who already know microscopic details of my life. I think it would make my head spin.

Now we're caught up. So let's take it from the top.

No comments: